Friday, May 26, 2006

"Too much sarcasm is a turn off" ..lool

My bro picked that line up from this book he read.No wonder we're still single Aya !loollingg..Looks like we'll still be for the coming decade or two ..don't worry gurl, we've got eachother to pester(snickers)
So me and Aya ( "best bud ever", serious tone) make a pact:
  1. less sarcasm
  2. Diminishing the "making fun of imbeciles" activity up to 80%
  3. Being nice to people( all shapes and sizes)
  4. And buy a telescope and study astronomy..but thats totally irrelevant now.
  5. No more gossip..absolutely nada..(eeek)

Now that that plan didnt last more than a couple of seconds, we decided to go easy on ourselves:

  1. Sarcasm is ok as long as its only circumstancial
  2. We r allowed only 50 nasty comments per day..which should be narrowed down to 20 by the end of that month and eventually to nil..(utopia)
  3. Telescopes gotta go! kiddin..found it too expensive at the time so i decided i should give up my passion for space.
  4. Only gossip about ppl we don't know (does that make any sense to anyone?)

That worked out for a brief period, but then things got nastier and nastier, the moment i set foot in uni i knew this was a killer bet.

U see, sometimes sarcasm is good:) it helps u surpass a constellation of wicked circumstances that, if taken seriously would gobble u up in one mouthfull..and other times, lets face it..wer just being mean:)

p.s.promised myself id be good..unis almost over..that should do the trick;)


10 Comments:

Blogger Maat said...

lol,
you are who you are....can't change that. anyway, i don't think sarcasm is a total turn off...though i heard it being said before 2!

atronomy is AMAAZZINNGG....i gave up the telescope idea when i was about...15... gotta think about it again...like maybe one day if i win the lottary or something...hmmm...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Cleopatrina said...

AYA:Looool at a gurl! I miss u by the way beghabaa2.Kisses ya bet
p.s.luved ur book reports on amazon

maat:thanks for making me feel better about me;)..if u ever win the lottery make sure to lemme in on that:):)

1:50 PM  
Blogger maxxedout said...

Sarcasm is a turn-off alright .
Sadly enuff i do not practice what i preach ...

4:49 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Hey, easy on the sarcasm people! What's wrong with good old sarcasm.

A wise man once said "Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded."

That's not a turn off!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Cleopatrina said...

christian:mmmm..interesting wise man of yours..couldnt have analyzed me any better..
does he have a number:P>?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

lol, well this is him.

Now I'm not sure if his number is not on the page because of privacy issues or by virtue of the fact that he died in 1881. I'm inclined to think it's the latter.

And Even though I might not be as wise I do, however, have the advantage of having a number, I guess you can't have it all, it's always a compromise. After all, I wouldn't have gotten a phone if I were that wise.

Seriously though (kinda), I'm sure it'd be a lot easier just blaming being single on sarcasm. But I like my sarcasm too much to speak ill of it. And who said I need to blame being single on anything, it's nothing bad to be blamed on something anyway :)

2:03 AM  
Blogger Cleopatrina said...

my my my christian..now ur showin wisdom AND have a phone!
Well,everything is a choice, so is sarcasm..i also believe it depicts reality as it is, no alterations thats why depending on ur personality ud accept reality wrapped up in a box of marshmallow sweet talk..or a laugh ur heart out movie;) either way ull realize it..if u want to.
lool for the 1881 part hehehe

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! African bdsm Dating sims anime sex crass lyrics shaved women

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home